Dear Rob,

Dear Rob,
We love you so much!!! Thank you for being our strength, example, and mentor. We are praying for you and thinking of you at this time.


Tuesday, August 20, 2013

We Love You and Wish You the Best!

Rob, I so excited that I get to write something in this blog for you. You have been such a big part of my life as long as I can remember. Your home was where I saw what the gospel could do with a family. Your home was where I started down the path of computer science. Your home was a place where I could come to when I needed to stay. You have always been so willing to talk to me when I am at your house. I am so grateful that I have had the chance to live in Provo for so long, precisely because you have made it such a pleasure to be there. I was just telling Emily the other day, with you around I know I will always have someone who is willing to help me do anything. You saved us out when we first got married by giving us a place to stay for a little and for helping us get our reception done. I don't know what we would have done without you, but it wouldn't have been pretty! And even before we got married you were always there to help our relationship along. It was at your home that Emily and I had our first date. Some of Emily's favorite dates where when we go to your house and watch a movie. You were also so great to let us use you as a guinea pig for all the stuff we cooked. Thank you so much for being there for us then, it meant a lot to both of us! I am also so grateful for your example. It has been good to see how a righteous father and husband should act. Your example when it comes to finances has also been pivotal in my life. I doubt I would be where I am right now if I hadn't had such a great example on fiscal responsibility. I also learned so much from you about leadership in the church as we discussed things related to your calling as a bishop. Know that our prayers are with you. We keep you in our thoughts all the time. We pray that the doctors will know how to treat you. We pray that you will keep the wonderful positive attitude you have (which is another amazing example you have given us). We pray that there will be many more years of coming and eating everything at your house ;) We wish you the best and most of all we love you. Love, Scott and Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment